Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Catch-Up

We have been SO busy this past week! Our amazing friends, Scott & Paige, were in town and we had a blast hanging out and catching up with them. In a way, it felt like they had never left. Spending time with them is so natural and easy, like breathing fresh air! Needless to say, I was sad (really sad) when they had to leave. Anyway, I digress...

Let's talk about Ethan, shall we? He has all sorts of new tricks up his sleeve! He is SO CLOSE to rolling over. He can get the bottom half going, but gets stuck with his arms. He doesn't cry nearly as much when we put him on his tummy now, so I think he's starting to dig that as well. His coos are becoming "conversational" and I get such a kick out of talking with him. I'm waiting for him to bust out a real laugh any day now! He's getting much better with head control, and can sit-up with assistance. (Do any of you IEP familiar teachers feel like I'm writing a PLOP right now?!?!) He's also starting to put weight on his legs when we stand him up. It's so exciting for me to see him reaching these milestones! Our CDSA case manager felt really good about his development so far and we created some goals to work on over the next few weeks.

Oh, and we found an orthopedist! On July 14 we'll head over to Duke and meet with Dr. F who will hopefully have lots of good info for us. Speaking of appointments, Ethan did well at feeding therapy yesterday (which I missed) and we head back to the cardiologist tomorrow. It sounds like Ethan will get an echo at this visit, so I'm a little nervous. I have been praying for a miracle for my sweet baby's heart. Everyone who sees him (including the cardiologist) comments on how great he looks; I really hope that's an indication of some good news...we shall see!

That's all for now. I should probably go lay down; this head injury thing is for the birds! Thanks for all of your prayers for Ethan (and me!). We appreciate it from the top of my broken head to the bottom of his broken heart.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...