Thursday, March 11, 2010

Be the Match

Hey y'all! I am interrupting our regularly scheduled programming to share something with you...

A co-worker of mine has a brother, Paul, who was diagnosed with multiple myeloma back in December, at age 26. They are in desperate need of a bone marrow match right now, as they have not been able to locate one either within family or through the national registry.

A representative from the Be the Match Foundation will be at my school, A.B. Combs Elementary, tomorrow from 4:00-7:00 p.m. It is totally free to join the registry! All it takes is a few minutes of your time and a simple swab of your cheek. You may also remove your name from the registry at any time. Not only could you possibly save the life of Sara's brother, but the lives of many others who are in need of this precious gift!

If you are in the area, please consider participating in this Bone Marrow Registry Drive! If not, please visit the Be the Match website to find other ways to register.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Thanks for putting this up! I have been on the registry for a while, but you reminded me that I need to update my info. I hope the drive goes well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...