Monday, December 6, 2010

Must Reads

I'm glad y'all enjoyed that video of my sweet boy! He seriously seems to get smarter by the day. Although I'd like to think that I'm doing this great job of teaching him, I really think he's just going to be a naturally bright kid. After eleven minutes of CPR and days of doctors saying, "We just don't know", that video is something I absolutely cherish.

I haven't been in much of a mood to sit down and write lately. Steve's death kind of knocked the wind out of my sails, and I've been missing Michael something fierce. I had a chance to visit with his parents Thanksgiving weekend and introduce them to Jeramie and Ethan. It was very emotional and there were moments that all his Mom and I could do was cry. Although Michael and I haven't spent a holiday together in six years, his absence this year is hard to swallow; I know it must be excruciating for his family. I'm thinking about laying an oyster shell on his grave after my family's Christmas roast, just for old times' sake.

Though I haven't been very present on the writing side of blogging, I have been doing a lot of reading. My girl, Jenn, is on a roll and she has written two posts that are well worth your time! She wrote this post two years ago, then just recently followed up with this one. There really isn't anything else I can say. Just go read them. For real.

Until next time...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...