Tuesday, May 31, 2011

random.

I'm in a bit of a blogging stand-still right now. When I sit down to write something, I feel like it needs to be all profound-like, or it should document some huge medical drama. Since I haven't been feeling very Thoreau-ish lately, and all's quiet on the Ethan front, I thought I would insert a little bit of randomness here on the bloggy blog.

I found this when I was cleaning out some things on Facebook this afternoon. It was one of those "25 Random Things About You" surveys that I filled out sometime during my pregnancy (about 2 1/2 years ago). I'll leave numbers 8, 16, and 21 as is, but let's be clear; there is NOT another Mullis baby on the horizon!

... yet.

***********************

1. In 1st grade, my teacher refused to call me by any name other than my first (Kristina).

2. Kristina is no longer my first name; I dropped it after I got married. I am legally "Joye Davis Mullis".

3. I am fluent in sign language.

4. Sometimes, when I'm walking, I'll fingerspell random words that pop into my head.

5. I get nervous when I sign with deaf adults.

6. When I was 7, I put my wrist through a glass window and sliced it open. Now, when people see my scar, they want to know if I tried to kill myself.

7. I only have 1 sibling, a sister, and she is the BEST!

8. My husband and I are expecting a little girl in 6 weeks, but also preparing for a boy! ...it's a long story.

9. I have a weakness for anything chocolate.

10. I was the salutatorian of my high school senior class.

11. I don't like seeing misspelled words in print, so I just Googled "salutatorian" to make sure I spelled it correctly.

12. I lost the spelling bee in 5th grade because I spelled "radio" wrong.

13. I love dogs, but I don't think I'm made to own one.

14. I've never traveled out of the country.

15. I am a beach girl at heart, but being around any body of water will do!

16. The whole pregnancy process has been a HUGE faith-builder for me.

17. The 4 (um, 4 1/2) years I spent in college were some of the most fun years of my life.

18. My college roommates are still my best friends.

19. I had surgery in high school to remove an extra bone from my foot.

20. I would love to be an audiologist or speech therapist one day, but I don't think I'm motivated enough to do it.

21. Sometimes I laugh out loud when I watch my baby move around inside my belly.

22. When I was little, I had to have my back scratched every night before bed ... and I still do even now.

23. I do not like to cook. Thankfully, I have a husband who doesn't mind it!

24. I had my tonsils removed 10 days before my college graduation.

25. I've lived in North Carolina my entire life.

***********************

What's one random fact I may not know about you??

3 comments:

ALINNA said...

i like this!

1. i didn't make it into the 5th grade spelling bee bc i misspelled "volcano". i can remember just where i was standing and everything about the moment like it was yesterday.
2. i think it's SO awesome that you're fluent in sign language. it's been an underlying, often remembered, dream of mine to learn it as well and be a translator. i think i would love it.

fun, stuff. glad there is nothing dramatic or profound that you need to be writing about right now. i think that's a blessing for sure!

alinna.

mossfamily said...

One random thing you may not know about me? Hmmmmm.... well, I would love to be an OT but I don't think I am motivated enough to do it either. School again? Really??? I don't know about that. Even if it is just a couple more years! Reading this list just confirmed how much you & I have in common! It is crazy!

Shannon Smith said...

I never filled out one of these things. However, even as the fad faded, I thought of things that I would write if I were to write 25 "random" things about me. Here's the one that comes to mind...

I like steps with odd numbers of steps. I prefer to be able to take one step for the first step. Then, two for everyone after that. I've tried to take two from the get-go, but it just doesn't work for me.

Also, I lost out in the 1st grade spelling bee on "from". I spelled "form" three times. I remember them asking "Are you sure?" and me saying with confidence, "Yes. It's F-O-R-M. From." Idiot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...