Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Here and there

Hey friends; happy Tuesday!

First of all, I want to throw out a big ol', "way to go, Team Ethan!" [insert virtual high five, here].  We are now 13 team members strong, and together we have raised over $500 for the 2011 Heart Walk!

I was about to type, "y'all don't know how much this means to me", but I know you do.  You know how important this is for our family, and you know why.

But, the thing is, you all probably have other reasons why it's important to you.  Sure, Ethan's story has rocked all of our worlds in some way or another, but with the prevalence of heart disease, strokes, and heart defects, he can't be the only reason for you to lace up your walking shoes.

In my case, it's about my Daddy, too.  Maybe the same is true for you; or maybe it's a mom, an uncle, or a grandmother that motivates you.  Maybe, just maybe, it's another child.

In fact, it's likely that our team will have not one, not two, but three children with special hearts walking with us on September 25th.  One in one hundred, remember? How great will it be to remind and inform those hundreds of walkers at the RBC Center that heart problems does not equal adult?!

While Ethan is the main inspiration for our family participating in this event the past two years, he is not the only inspiration.  I doubt we'll have t-shirts this year, but I would like to think of some way for us to honor those we are walking for.   We are "Team Ethan" but we walk for many more ... Austin, Kenny, Jay, and Gary, to name a few.

If you plan to walk with us but haven't signed up yet, please do so. Oh, and Ethan now has his own donation page, if you want to show him some love!

*******

In other blog news, I copied a great idea from my good friend, Jenn, and have set up a "Signs of Life" page on Facebook.  I have been slowly losing interest in Facebook over the past month or so, but I know that is where many of you come to read blog updates and check in our family.  That support is so important to me, so I'm hoping that y'all will join me over there as I start to use my personal Facebook page less and less.  

I've even installed a "Like Box" on the right-hand side of the blog to make it easy for you! If you have a Facebook account and you would like to keep up with our family through that particular outlet, just click "Like" and you're good to go!

*******

We are enjoying a lazy start to our week, after going non-stop this past weekend.  Ethan seems like he's trying to catch a stomach virus of sorts, but he doesn't have consistent symptoms.  He's getting some good rest now, though, and for that I am thankful.

Speaking of rest, we are mostly likely going to transition him to a twin bed in a few days! We have everything we need, except the mattress, but that should be in our possession real soon.  I think he's going to do great, based on our experience at my parents' house, so I'm excited for him to enter this new phase of big-boy-hood.  I'll be sure to post pictures of his new room once it's all set-up!

*******

Thanks for checking in, and many thanks for loving our family so deeply.  The feeling is most definitely mutual.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...