Sunday, January 22, 2012

His banner over me is LOVE...



Supplies:
-cardstock
-scissors
-glue stick (or double-sided tape)
-needle
-twine or ribbon

The how-to:
We started by cutting hearts of varying sizes and colors out of the cardstock.  (We used the always simple fold and cut method.)  Then, I traced and cut-out the hands.  At first, I was only going to use Ethan's, but I decided to make it a family affair.  Given my background in Deaf education, and our experience with congenital heart defects, we love some hearts and "ILY" hands around here! (To make the "I love you" hand, simply fold down the middle two fingers of each hand outline and glue them to the palm.)  Next, I used a needle to thread twine through each of the hearts and hands.  The cardstock moved freely across the twine, so I just played with it until I got everything spaced the way I wanted.  I added a couple of pink pushpins to the mantle and ... VIOLA!



Pretty cute, huh? We're getting in the mood for American Heart Month, gearing up for Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week, and showing some love in the process! 

Stay tuned for more awareness week info ... and happy crafting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...