Monday, March 12, 2012

The Celebration - Part Two

This year, we decided to have Ethan's birthday party at a local bounce house and - wow - was it FUN!

(For the locals - I highly recommend Bounce U!)

In the days leading up to the party, Ethan would randomly name friends who would be there, but I think it finally sank in once he saw everyone walking through the doors.  He was SO excited!

I said this on Facebook yesterday, but what I love most about looking at the photos from Saturday is that everyone is smiling.  See?






From the kids to the adults, it seemed that everyone was having a genuinely good time! 

After about an hour and a half of sliding...


...climbing...


...and jumping...


...we headed to the party room for cake.

And, my oh my, was there CAKE! Before I even post a photo of this amazing creation, I have to give a huge shout-out to Icing Smiles.  Their mission alone is worthy of admiration, and the time and talent that goes into each of these cakes is awe-inspiring.  This was our baker's first time creating a cake for Icing Smiles, and I'd say she knocked it out of the park.  Wouldn't you?!


Seventeen inches of an incredible, edible Buzz Lightyear! And, it didn't just look great - it tasted great, too! Thank you, Icing Smiles!!

A whole lotta love filled the party room as we sang "Happy Birthday" to Ethan and mingled over buttercream and Goldfish.



Aside from needing a few more square feet in the party room, the morning could not have been any more perfect.  Thank y'all for making his day so special - from the birthday wishes, to the gifts, to your presence alone.

My boy is loved, and I am grateful.



4 comments:

Brandi K said...

It was a perfect party and everyone really had a blast :) Sweet boy!

Anonymous said...

What a great party.... from the bouncing, climbing, cake and goldfish...you guys had a great party idea and it was a huge success!!! It was perfect and Ethan was a great Birthday boy.

Being 3 years old is going to bring new adventures for this little one!

I enjoyed seeing your mom too.

Love Grandma A.

Stefenie said...

Awww! What a wonderful 3rd birthday party Ethan have. Looks like everyone had a great time! Love all those smmiles!!

Jenn said...

Oh my gosh, he looks so much like Jeramie in that last picture. What a wonderful birthday party! I am so glad that he had such a fun day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...