Monday, May 28, 2012

The Anatomy of an Excellent Weekend


1.  The Tri Mulli at a Durham Bulls Baseball game, courtesy of Great Clips and Duke Children's
2.  America's favorite pastime
3.  Post-game fireworks
4.  Saturday morning car maintenance (read: saving lots of money!)
5.  Checking out the local splash pad
6.  Ice cream with rainbow sprinkles
7.  Chillin' out, maxin', relaxin' all cool
8.  Post-pool nap
9.  Getting our discovery on at the science museum
10.  Sharing a meal with friends


I'm not typically a "rainbows and butterflies" kind of gal, but this weekend ranks up there with one of the best I can remember in a reeeeeally long time.  My skin tingles in the summer-is-here-and-our-sunscreen-is-expired kind of way, and Ethan fell asleep in record time tonight.

If the dictionary had an entry for "typical summer weekend", I have no doubt we could provide the definition and photos! It was the perfect balance of activity and rest, family and company, and sunshine and rain.  Blessed doesn't fully describe how I feel tonight, but it's a start.

One of my biggest, personal accomplishments over the weekend is that I deactivated my Facebook account.  The intentionality of our weekend, paired with some things I've been thinking over the past few months, led me to that decision and I'm pretty pleased with it so far.  I can't say that I'll never return but, for now, it needed to go.  The Signs of Life Facebook page is still active, though, and we'll be updating that on the regular.

I hope y'all had a wonderful weekend, as well! Enjoy your week!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...