Monday, December 3, 2012

From the Mouth of My Babe - Volume 9

Recently, we've been having two recurring conversations with Ethan.  The first involves Ethan asking us - fifty-eleven times, mind you - where we're going and where we're going after that and after that and after that.  The second is more on mine and Jeramie's end as we're constantly reminding him to stay in his bed each night.  These two conversations alone happen multiple times a day 'round here.

Last week, on our way back home from home group, Ethan started up:

"Where are we going?"
"Home."
"Where are we going after that?"
"To bed."
"And where are we going after we go to bed and wake up?"

You get the idea.

I took the opportunity to remind him, once more, that he needed to sleep in his bed, and Jeramie launched into all the reasons for why that's so.  After a minute or so of "discussing" this with Ethan I said,

 "So, you're not gonna come get in mommy and daddy's bed tonight, are you?"

And, as if that was the craziest thing he had ever heard, Ethan replied...

"But ... yeah ... I am."

-------

One of Ethan's favorite things right now is "helping" in the kitchen.  He wants to do whatever Jeramie and I are doing, and he wants to do it completely on his own.  With this independence came about the self-realization that he can now peel a clementine, and his desire to do so has bordered on obsession!

One day, I walked into the kitchen to find him sitting on the counter with a butter knife and randomly stabbed pieces of fruit.  I got closer and noticed that all the stickers with the item codes had been pulled off of each clementine and stuck to the counter top.

When I asked him why he took off all the stickers he said, 

"I did that because this house is not a store."

-------

I posted this one over on our Facebook page, but it's too good not to share here, too!

Ethan has been getting himself in trouble lately with using toys, crayons, markers - you name it - inappropriately.  You know - ink pens to create an original masterpiece on the arm of the couch, crayons to draw life-size pictures on the walls, straws to sling spit.

I had just taken yet another item away from him when I heard, in his most exasperated voice to-date,

"I can't blow bubbles.  I can't do crafts.  I can't do NOTHING!"

It's a hard knock life, but somebody's gotta live it.

-------


To read more of Ethan's funnies, click on the "From the Mouth of my Babe" sidebar button!

1 comment:

Stefenie said...

Oh my goodness Joye! What a little stinker! Ha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...