Thursday, January 16, 2014

2014.

If I had to use two words to describe the first two weeks of 2014, they would be "hot mess".  We've had a frustrating start to the new year, marked by sickness and conflict, but I'm hopeful that happier days are ahead.

This year has the makings of being a refining one for our family.  In approximately 350 days, we'll be reflecting on everything the Lord has done over the course of the year.  I believe He's going to do some big things during these next twelve months, so I wanted to write down all that we're anticipating in 2014. I look forward to seeing how He'll move in each of these areas, and more!

-------

India
Our team leaves in five weeks.  FIVE WEEKS.  Thirty-five days. I am excited and anxious and, at times, straight-up fearful.  I'm working through that, but I'd love your prayers for a peaceful heart as we go into these next few weeks.  While I was sharing some of this with our home group a few nights ago, a friend noted, "Well, it sounds like God is about to rock your world."  Indeed.

Ethan's 5th birthday
Seriously.  Five?! Praise God for five years of life with this sweet and silly boy of ours!



Surgery?
We'll know more at the end of March, but time in the operating room could be on the horizon for Ethan this year.  Unless his heart starts beating on its own, his pacemaker will need to be replaced at some point.  The million dollar question is whether or not the conduit will be replaced at the same time.  Prayers for wisdom and discernment are greatly appreciated!

Adoption
We're at a bit of a stand-still with the adoption process right now, but we are definitely still committed to it.  We whole-heartedly believe this is what we're supposed to do, but we have no idea as to what that looks like right now.  It's a frustrating place to be - having said "yes" and not knowing what to do about it - but we're just trusting that God's plan is still in place and will be revealed to us.

Kindergarten
KINDERGARTEN! On Monday, I registered Ethan with our local school district.  As it stands now, I have a below-zero desire to homeschool him, so he'll be going to public school here in our county.  It's going to be a shock to both of our systems, but he's so ready.  I snapped this photo outside of one of our school choices and it's my new favorite!


Jobs
I started my part-time gig last week and expect to be in this position until the end of the school year.  I'm not sure what my employment status will look like once Ethan starts kindergarten, but I'm confident God will provide like He always does.  Jeramie currently has a lead on a new position with his employer, so we're praying that he'll have a new job soon!

Jellybean
Our newest niece/nephew is due to arrive this summer! My SISTER is pregnant and it's possible that I'm as excited as she is! We can't wait for "Jellybean" to join our crazy family!
 
-------

So, there you have it.  The Tri Mulli's "big rocks" for 2014.  What are you looking forward to this year?



1 comment:

The Smith's said...

That IS big stuff, Joye! I can't wait to see how God unfolds it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...