Thursday, September 4, 2008

Change Ahead?

So, this blogging thing is a little harder to keep up with than I thought!

I think it's safe to say that these past 3 weeks have been the most frustrating weeks I've experienced in a long time. School has been extra difficult and I am beginning to question my career. This is my 4th year of teaching, which means after this year my debt to North Carolina will be PAID. That fact alone gives me reason to believe and hope that there may be something else "out there" that I will find joy in doing. Don't get me wrong; I adore my students and my school is great. I just don't feel the same way about teaching that I did 3 years ago.

This leaves me in a bit of a scary spot because, at this point, teaching is all I know. I can't think of a single thing I could do otherwise. I'm praying for lots of direction and that doors would open for potential job opportunities and/or close in regards to what I'm doing now. I'll have lots of decisions to make after our baby makes it arrival in March, so I'm trying to be proactive (Covey Habit #1)!

Speaking of our baby, things are continuing to go really well! I will be 13 weeks tomorrow and I just consider everyday a blessing. I can't wait until I can feel some movement (although, I have suspicions that I may have already felt something). Our next appointment is next Thursday, so I'll be sure to post an update!


Until then...

2 comments:

Kim Smith said...

How awesome that you may have felt some movement already! I think that I have too. :) I'll be praying for you about teaching next year and just decision-making in general. Remember... God never gives us more than we can handle!

Mandy said...

You are suppose to tell us these things...like you feel your baby moving..when we are spending our time shopping at babies r us!!! YAY...
Praying God gives us both direction about job stuff :) love ya

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...