Saturday, November 28, 2009

Prayers Wanted

Hey y'all. I'm going to take a little break from updating about Ethan, and ask y'all to pray for the family of a very good friend of mine.

Jesse & I grew up together; she was one of my best friends in high school and we've managed to remain close throughout the years.

Jesse has a sister named Jennie, who is just a couple of years younger than my sister. Yesterday, Jennie was in a very serious car wreck in Wilmington. She was admitted to the ICU and underwent emergency surgery to try to help control bleeding and lower the pressure in her brain.

As of this morning, Jennie's intracranial pressure (ICP) was still very high; normal range is below 20, and the pressure in Jennie's brain has been well above 100 at times. She was unresponsive, and her pain meds had been turned off in order to hopefully stimulate some responses from her.

Early this afternoon, Jennie's breathing tube was removed to see if she would initiate breaths on her own. Thankfully, she took two breaths!! The last update I received is that Jennie's brain showed activity in response to pain. These are both steps in the right direction, however Jennie is still in very serious condition and needs lots and lots of prayer.

I asked Jesse what we could specifically pray for at this point, and she said that Jennie's ICP is still high and needs to come down. I don't know about you but, more than ever, I believe in the power of prayer and know that God is still in the miracle-making business. I have been deep in prayer and thought over the past 24 hours, heartbroken and begging God to let Jennie hang on.

I would love it if you would you join me in praying for a family that is so close to my heart.

1 comment:

Kendra B. W. said...

Joye,

Please let Jesse know they are in my prayers.

Kendra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...