Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful

Today, there are so many things to be thankful for.

Jeramie, Ethan, and I were able to drive to my parents' house in a reliable car. We have a house, and the money we need to pay our bills. We have supportive family and friends, and jobs that we (for the most part) enjoy.

But, today, I am feeling most thankful for my son's life.




I am thankful that he is alive and well, able to celebrate his first Thanksgiving. I am thankful for the nurse at Rex who first noticed that something "just didn't look right". I am thankful that we live so close to Duke, and that Ethan began receiving top-notch care so quickly. I am thankful for Dr. Jaggers' skilled hands, and his God-given ability to save Ethan's life. I am thankful for the nurses in the PCICU who loved on and cared for Ethan at a time when Jeramie and I were not able to. Words can't even express the gratitude I feel for the 3 people who performed CPR on Ethan for 11 grueling minutes when his heart suddenly stopped.

I don't even know what I would do if I ever got all of those people in the same room. I've been able to thank most of them on an individual basis, and I hope the others know that what they do every single day means the world to this family of broken hearts.

Lord, thank you for our miracle. Thank you for allowing us to see life through a new lens. Thank you for every single moment we're able to share with our son. Thank you for loving us in a way I still don't understand.

We are so thankful.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...