Thursday, April 29, 2010

Post-Op, Day 7

I hope this will be my last update from room 5104. If all goes well, we should be going home sometime this afternoon!

We learned a couple of very important lessons last night. First, do not let Ethan nap until 5:30 p.m., even if it benefits the ortho residents who were coming by to put a cast on his arm. In addition, do not feed Ethan chocolate pudding after said nap. The combination of the two is sure to create a version of my child that I have never seen before!

Ethan was up until after 11:00 last night, acting like some sort of wild monkey man. Just thinking about it makes me laugh out loud. I seriously wish we could have recorded it. We tried putting him on our cot in the floor to see if he would fall asleep with us, but that just excited him even more. He was spinning in circles, bouncing up & down, and nose-diving into anything and everything. He cracked himself up at every little thing he did, which made Jeramie & me laugh, which only encouraged him to keep going. It was hilariously exhausting!

Anyway...

As I said, the residents came by around 7:30 last night to re-cast his arm. The goal is to get something on there that will last 1 week. It looked like they created a winner, but we found out this morning that it is already starting to slip. We have always had these cast woes, and it looks like this experience won't be much different. They are coming by around lunchtime today to put on yet another one; I'm just thankful we'll be able to avoid a 3rd trip to the OR!

If they're successful this afternoon, we'll be busting this joint! I'm so ready to get home... I can't wait to sleep in my bed, snuggle with my pillow, eat my own food, and (most importantly) get Ethan back where he belongs!

Continue to pray for us. Pray that this next cast will be the one and that we'll be back home just in time for dinner!

1 comment:

Stefenie said...

Just read your tweets to see that you are HOME!!! Yay!!! Hope all is going well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...