Saturday, May 1, 2010

HOME!

I apologize for not updating sooner but, yes, we are home!!

We were discharged late Thursday afternoon and spent some time visiting with our PCICU friends, as well as our cousin Slade who was at Duke for a clinic visit. I'm pretty sure Ethan doesn't remember the first time he and Slade met and, heck, I'm sure he won't remember this time either; but they sure were cute together!

We were, in fact, home by dinner time and Ethan was so excited! He crawled around every inch of the downstairs, playing with anything he could find in the process. Jeramie and I managed to unpack most of our things, then spent the rest of the evening relaxing on the couch. We all slept beautifully that night!

I went to work Friday while Jeramie stayed home with Ethan. I was pretty sure I would fall asleep eating my lunch, but I managed to make it through the day. Jeramie was oh-so-gracious and took Ethan grocery shopping with him after I got home from work. Needless to say, I used those 2 hours of silence to take the best. nap. ever.

Now, here we are. Nine days post-op and Ethan is doing really well! His cast has slipped a teeny-tiny bit, but I'm hopeful that it will stay put until Wednesday. We'll go see the surgeon then and find out what our next step will be. I've gotten a few good looks at Ethan's hand & arm, and I am really pleased with how everything looks. Please keep praying that the healing will continue and that he will have full sensation back in his hand, sooner than later.

I hope y'all are enjoying the sunshine today! As soon as Ethan wakes up from his massive morning nap, we'll begin our fun-filled weekend! I can't wait to spend some quality family time together outside of Duke's walls!

2 comments:

The Smith's said...

Oh my gosh, so good to hear you guys are home! There is truly nothing better than being home after a hospital stay. Have a GREAT weekend with your sweet family!

Jesse

Stefenie said...

I'm so happy that things are going well for you guys! Praying for lots of GOOD healing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...