Monday, November 1, 2010

Procrastinating

Well, Ethan's surgery is still a-go for tomorrow. Despite Jeramie and I having colds since Saturday, Ethan has managed to stay healthy and symptom-free. Thank you, God!! I'm sure it didn't hurt that we popped Mucinex and Tylenol Cold & Sinus like they were pieces of Halloween candy.

I'm obviously delaying the inevitable here. There is so much to do to get ready for a hospital stay. Snacks to pack & electronic devices to charge (we're looking at a 4-5 hour wait during surgery), outfits to plan (that can be harder than you think), and a house to clean (who wants to come home from the hospital to a dirty home?).

Y'all might think I'm crazy, but sometimes I try to convince myself that I'm doing all of this because we're going on some fabulous vacation to some tropical island far, far away. Then, the reality sets in that I'm sending my child into a surgical procedure, of some sort, for the 11th time. I'll be signing yet another consent form in which I tell the surgeon that it's OK if Ethan bleeds out, or has some adverse reaction to anesthesia, or just doesn't wake up at all. That doesn't sound like some great get-away, now does it?

Although I'm ready to get this procedure behind us, and I'm thrilled that we shouldn't have any other surgeries looming in our future anytime soon, I just don't feel like doing the things that need to be done in order to get ready for it. So, instead, I've checked Facebook more than usual, I've sent some e-mails that could have waited, written this blog post, and (most importantly) I've read a few more books and given a few more cuddles to my innocent, yet scarred, little boy.

Say some prayers for us and keep an eye on Facebook tomorrow. I'll be sure to update there throughout the day, and I'll be sure to send any big updates here to the blog.

For now, I'll leave you with some pictures from last night of our lovable little lion ... raaawwwrrr!


3 comments:

JDavis said...

Just remember to stay positive. He needs to read and feel the positive energy that his mommy and daddy are putting out there!
I love his little tail, ohmygoodness. I love y'all and will be praying for him and the surgeons, and also praying for you and Jeramie for PATIENCE and getting prepared and giving Ethan all the lovin' he needs. It'll all be over before you know it.
Love you all!

Jamie Fenley said...

Cutest lion EVER! I'm glad that it's a possibility that this is the last surgery for a while. You guys need a break! Ethan will have a lot of people praying for him tomorrow.

Stefenie said...

Logan loved your little Lion.

Praying for you guys Joye! Hang in there! He'll be in great hands!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...