Monday, April 2, 2012

From the Mouth of my Babe - Volume 4

While playing outside one afternoon, I caught Ethan messing with the water hose after I had asked him not to.  I called him out on it and he demanded, "Go in the kitchen ... or ... go play a song on that guitar over there!"

Through giggles I asked "why?" and he responded, "I want to play with the water."

*****

Last week, I made a deal with Ethan in an effort to keep some semblance of a rest-time in tact.  I told him that he didn't have to sleep, but that he did have to stay in his room until his "night-night music" turned off.  (The CD is about an hour in length.)

A few days ago, during "rest" time, I heard the CD player make a funny sound, then Ethan cried out for help.  I ran upstairs to find him standing on the window sill, stuck between his dresser and the window, the CD laying on the floor in front of him.  I helped him down and asked him to get back in his bed, to which he replied, "Nooooo! My music is OFF!"

*****

We were sitting at the table tonight when Ethan suddenly declared that he didn't like his dinner.  About that time, Jeramie had gotten up to get a slice of leftover birthday cake and, of course, Ethan was more interested in eating that.

We went back and forth with him about needing to eat more of his dinner before he could have cake, and he finally picked up a piece of his sandwich.  He looked up at me with puppy dog eyes and asked, with the saddest little voice, "Can you eat it?"

*****

I think someone is experimenting with the art of clever manipulation.

No better place to spit than outside, right? (Thanks to Mike for the awesome photo!)


1 comment:

Stefenie said...

Gotta love it when they act like that. LOL!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...