Monday, July 23, 2012

Cath Date!

To those of you who read about my sunburned fat lip on our Facebook page this morning, I'm happy to report that two Ibuprofen did the trick! The swelling is finally down and I am talking (and looking!) much better than I was when I woke up this morning.  In the past two weekends at the lake, a fish has drawn blood by biting Jeramie's nippy-nip and the sun gave me a fat lip.

It would only happen to us...


Even still, it's amazing what a weekend on the water can do for the soul.  The night that picture was taken, we cruised until well after the sun went down.  We laughed and goofed off and, at one point, realized that between the eight people on the boat not one of us had a phone with us.  While that wouldn't have been great if we had ran out of gas, it was freeing and affirming to know that life goes on (and pretty happily, actually) even without texts and the internet and incoming calls.

Bring on the houseboat.  I could seriously live on the water.

*******

Team Ethan is off to a strong start! We're up to $100 raised and the Hearts Together charm has been a hit! Follow that link to find out how to get a charm of your own, and support Team Ethan in the process.  I have some other fantastic fundraising plans to tell you about soon, too, so stay tuned - especially if you live in our area!

*******

Speaking of Ethan and that special heart of his...

We got a call on Thursday night and his cath is scheduled for Tuesday, August 14th.  It's strange feeling, though.  On one hand, I feel like throwing up at the thought and, on the other hand, I want to kick my heels together that we got on Dr. R's schedule so quickly. 

Your encouragement and prayers will be greatly appreciated between now and then!

*******

And, just because I'm missing this sweet face that's been at "Camp Granny" for almost a week now...


Happy Monday, everyone!

3 comments:

Stefenie said...

Glad your lip has improved. I'm sure that was annoying. I will def be keeping Ethan in my prayers for his upcoming cath.

Tara said...

Praying for you guys! I know I appreciate the sooner-than-later appointments for such things myself! ;)

Jenny said...

Sending thoughts and prayers for Ethans cath! So glad you guys got a weekend away. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...