Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Our Week Thus Far...

Hey y'all. I haven't really been in the mood to post anything lately, but I seem to have a lot swirling around in my head. We're enjoying a new, slower paced life this week which I think is contributing to my laziness with blogging. Here are some highlights of the past few days, with a few prayer requests thrown in:

-Ethan is well on his way to reaching the 8 pound mark. I suspect he'll be a few ounces over that when they weigh him tonight; we shall see!

-Speaking of weight...I had my 6 week check-up today and I'm 1 pound away from my pre-baby weight! This may sound strange, but I knew after I had Ethan I would be extra motivated and encouraged to lose even more than that, and I am. I find myself power-walking the tunnel under the hospital just to feel like I'm exercising. One more reason to get home!!!

- *sigh* home... Lord, please get us home. According to the cardiologist today, it's looking more like Saturday or Sunday until we'll be discharged. The doctors are taking things extremely SLOOOOW with Ethan's tummy, which keeps pushing us back a couple of days. We're optimistic that we'll be out of here by Sunday. Please, please, please pray that the next few days go well; that Ethan tolerates his feeds and that we don't have any more surprises! We all just want to go home...

-I wish there was something other than "thank you" to say to y'all. That hardly seems appropriate to express our gratitude for the blessing you guys have been to our family. I cried tears of thanks last night and have just been completely overwhelmed with what people are doing to help us out in all areas of our life!

-I really miss my friends. I miss hanging out with people. I miss my church. I miss my cat. I miss my bed. I miss the smell of my house. I miss Target.

-Jeramie "dropped" Ethan's NG (feeding) tube for the first time tonight. We have to insert it 3 times before we can go home. I'm sick to my stomach thinking about my turn. Y'all pray I find the confidence and strength to do this for my little boy.

-As far as feeding goes, pray that Ethan would continue to find success with the bottle. Some days are better than others, but he's getting there! He is being treated for reflux, which will hopefully make his feeding sessions a little more comfortable and successful.

So, there you go. Consider yourself updated! Continue to pray; your prayers have gotten us this far! We love y'all.

5 comments:

Shannon Smith said...

Does "dropped" mean he inserted it? Do you each have to insert it three times, or is it three times total?

joye said...

Oh yeah, I should have clarified that. "Dropped" does, in fact, mean that Jeramie put the tube down Ethan's nose. We have to do it 3 times total between the 2 of us. Since I'll be the one at home with him most, I have to do it the next 2 times.

Genia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Genia said...

Good Luck with the drop. I will be praying for you and your nerves in handling this next step. I am excited for you that you will soon be able to get home to the smell and comfort of your house...and trips to Target! You will have to readjust your cat to life at home with people. :-D Congrats on the weight loss...(I am completely jealous! I am stuck on the last five pounds)

Mandy said...

Thanks for all the updates! :) We all miss you guys too and can't wait to have you back in the neighborhood. I planned to come see you again this week but maybe I will just wait and see you at HOME!! We will chat soon.. love ya guys!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...